Monday, February 11, 2008

Truth and Grace to you all

I really have no great inspiration for today's blog. I read in the book of John today and listened to the "message" version speak to me as if Jesus himself was standing next to me speaking Denise style diction. Ah the words of Jesus, spoken in modern day text. Today, I have decided, will be modern day speaking. Today, I will speak Denise style. I won't think too much, I will speak loud, bold and truthful. I will speak to my surroundings as if Jesus was standing right there with me, hangin' out in South Charlotte.
Wouldn't that be great and so refreshing if each of us spoke words and truths as if Jesus himself was standing right next to you?! I believe Jesus was not only bold but also very fun to be with. He issued grace and truth very carefully. Jesus was the type of guy whom you just wanted to hang out with, eat a meal with, go to get a mani/pedi with, roast marshmallows with into the night. Jesus was my type of guy. I don't think I could have hung out with him into the wee hrs. of the night though, as I crash at the strike of 11pm; I just never can make it past then! I'd be the one he'd say, "Denise, can't you even stay up for me ?" "Well, no Jesus, I cannot, if you would have started praying earlier, this 3 hr. deal would have been done before 11 Jesus" Then he'd insert grace and say, sleep well Denise, I will deal with you in the morning, you'll see".

I'd like to try inserting grace and truth in the same sentence today. I want to be so real and honest as I travel the day ahead, it might sound a bit like the following ......

"Children, wake up, get dressed, eat, get in the car, for today is the day the Lord has made, get movin'! Ah, but before you leave, remember to clean the kitchen and make your beds, because, to whom much has been given much is required" Vamos!"

"Hey Kenny, you look hot today, and I thank God for you! May you have an awesome day and don't forget to make a few deposites into my emotional bank account too.... Have a great day hunny!"

"Goodmorning my sweet animals, You all remind me of Jesus' words regarding worry. God has reminded me that He clothes, feeds and cares for the birds and he will do the same for me and to never worry about anything! So great to see each of you today!"

"Hi my dear Fab 5, I admit, I sometimes don't want to come to group, but Jesus has reminded me that when 2 or more are gathered He honors these prayers. He has reminded me of the need for community and fellowship and I really need you guys! Let's get down and get real and pray more please!"

So, these are a few of my initial thoughts to start this week. Think about all of the truths you know.... there are so many, try and insert them into every situation you face this week. Also, pray to eliminate the lies you entertain in that head of yours, just insert truth so that you will live a life as God intends you to live. Truth and grace to each of you, may it be a wonderful, authentic and Christ filled week!
Love to ya, D

No comments: