Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Surely I am with you always

I woke up so excited to get this day going. You see, I am going to the Harvest Center today to serve these wonderful homeless people. I cannot wait to cook in that commercial kitchen and chop or clean or whatever task they may have me do, I am ready. I have been anticipating this day since last Tues. meeting.

Now that I have had my coffee and had time to think (it is 2 hrs. later and I am jacked up on caffein) I am second guessing my service. My thoughts raced a bit like this....
I had better be very quiet today. Do I say hello to each of them, do I look them in the eye to give them a sense of dignity?
What to wear; do I wear my ring, do I wear my tennis shoes, should I bring the men's and women's clothes and games that I have been gathering today or do I wait for my 2nd visit?
Maybe this isn't for me, maybe I just want to serve and should find another avenue.

Then the Lord showed me His word. Denise, "surely I am with you (and with them) always, to the very end of the age"Matthew 28:20. I am asking you Denise to go, I have placed this on your heart, just go and know I am with you and I am with them. I the Lord will guide you always: I will satisfy... Is. 58:11 don't think you will do anything Denise just go.

So off I go and I cannot wait! Please join me in prayer for the countless homeless men, women and children in Charlotte. May they know the peace and warmth of the Lord today and may that be enough for today! D

2 comments:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

This reminds me of The Little Drummer Boy! You don't have to have a gift to bring, just your heart!

I can't wait to hear about it.

And thanks for a great night last night. It was so good to spend some one on one time with you just hanging out. Thank you for Everything (girl, I know I owe you $, I meant to give you some before we left and didn't). I love my gifts, but most of all love you!

4GVN,
Melsa

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Girl! I've been checking back for 2 days to see how it went. How did the Little Hammond Girl do at the shelter pa rump pa pum pum? I've heard nothing about it.

Post your experience soon!
Love you,
Melsa