Friday, February 29, 2008

On My Honor

What a great day I had today. I had one of those all by myself days.... until 2:30pm. My sweet and quiet day with my animals was interrupted by 10 laughing, screaming with joy and excitement GIRL SCOUTS!! To share this wonderful farm with these young girls was such a treat. I actually believe if I invited them for a sleep-over they all would have yelled YES without any hesitation.
I was so glad to have this opportunity to share what God has so richly blessed us with. I didn't ask them to recite the Girl scout pledge but, I believe I can remember it from my days as a GS. "On my honor, I will try to serve God, my country, mankind and live by the Girl scout law" I think that's it. I wonder if they still recite that? Let's analyze it shall we. On my HONOR ... what is honor? Is it truth, honesty, sincerity... I believe that is a taught and caught trait. I will try.... OK give it your best shot and keep trying, never give up. To serve God .... serve not be served by God, just SERVE ....... my country, and what a country we live in filled with such opportunities........ mankind ... seve each other as if we were serving the Lord. What you have done for the least of them you have done for me says the Lord.
and live by the Girl Scout law. We cannot live by the Law, we all fall short and that is why we have the grace of God sent to us through Jesus Christ!
See, I can make anything sing the Christian song in which we can all march along.
Have a great weekend and eat a Samoa or Thin Mint in honor of our Girl Scouts!
Denise

1 comment:

James said...

hello mrs. hammond this is james, i love the pictures you have they are great, well, have fun on your blog!