Tuesday, February 26, 2008

GROW!

I really hate when I am wrong. No seriously, it is one of my "issues" that the Lord keeps reminding me of lately. You see when I am wrong, I have this tendency to try to make the wrong right and will work so very hard to reverse the wrong that it can be exhausting. The very thing that I find wrong the Lord makes right. In these moments is when I get the chance to grow. (I should be 25 feet tall and 6oo lbs with all the growing God has allowed me). Jesus taught that in all things we have to allow Him to be in control, prune where necessary, and grow! His word says, He is the vine and we are the branches and apart from Him we can do nothing. (John 15:5)
A woman in one of my small groups (TLC) told me of a story and I'd like to share it with you. She grew up always feeling different, small and a bit "behind the scenes" as she puts it. She never wanted to be the one people saw. As an adult, she kept wondering why she couldn't overcome her struggle with weight and her identity as it related to her weight. She kept saying, "All I want to do is shrink!" One Easter Sunday her Pastor invited people to come forward and nail their burdens to the cross and leave them in God hands. As she crept up to the front, stood in line anticipating the amazing encouragement and prayers she would receive from her Pastor, she was about to burst. When it was her turn, she just wept and listened to the Pastor say, "GROW just GROW".
I write about this because truly that is what life is all about. We are expected to grow closer to Him each day as we trust, hold tight and pass along grace to others. You do not have the one situation that God cannot fix! He is the divine Physician and is able to fix, repair, mend and yes, change anything! Whatever your current situation is, (big or small), lay it down, surrender it to Him; trusting in His divine power and presence and plan. Today marks the beginning of new growth!
So, I pass along some truth for you all today, GROW, just GROW! Many blessings, and for those of you in Charlotte, enjoy the rain as it falls on our soil as if God himself was nourishing your soil for the growth ahead!!
Denise

No comments: