Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The people who use their gifts

Today, I had the crazy fun of racing to and from with great expectation of the next stop. Wednesday's seem to be my most hectic of days, yet I love them. Here is a glimpse of the day's schedule, as I write it please know this is just a way to make my final points, so hang with me here.
* Wake up at 5:30am for QT with kenny, coffee and the Lord.
* Load the first of many more loads of laundry for the day.
* 7am drive boys to CCS (30 mins. both ways) home at 8:15am
* Unload laundry to dryer then reload washer.
* Barn chores until 9:15am
* Shower because I am groooowssse and it is my New Years Resolution for 2008 to not be constantly stinky. It's either the gym or the barn; both do nothing for the resolution.
* Leave for Fab 5 Bible Study and celebration LLG's B-day. Cake was consumed with no guilt!
* Walk with Angie for 30 mins so that I am sane the rest of the day
* unhook bike rack from car, hook up hitch and horse trailer.
* Clean up Decaza and haul him to She Rose Farm by 2:00pm
* Drive to CCS to pick up boys then returen to Shea Rose Farm (1hr round trip) for horseback riding lessons for Colton.
* Haul home, unhook, muck, lunge both horses (PIPER and RED) then feed my babies (all 9).
* Make some kind of nutritious dinner then race Hunter to soccer practice at 7-8:30pm.

OK, so Kenny my sweet hubby took Hunter to practice tonight because he had "DATE NIGHT" with Colton and this was on thier way! OH, HOW I LOVE HIM!

WHEW, this was quite a day! I just love this day but it can be a bit mentally and physically challenging. While racing around my scheduled filled day, I had the most amazing glimpse into how God uses whatever and whomever He chooses to further His kingdom. It struck me while I watched the 6 kids talk on top of each other before mounting their horses. These kids were struck with so much excitement because there was a new horse at the barn and the wind was whipping around the farm as if to say today will be quite a ride.
Carol, the instructor and owner of Shea Rose Farm, caught the kids attention long enough to remind them to be serious and respect their surroundings. I on the other hand almost said, "shut it and mount it", but I restrained my impulses. Nonetheless, the kids went to the ring and had an awesome lesson. Carol later told me she felt like Decaza was too big and too trained for Colton. Her heart is for not only Colton but also for Decaza. I believe there must be a team when training and this was an unmatched team due to the HUGE gap in their experience. Isn't this how we could approach the Lord and our relationship with Him each day?!

Mine goes something like this. "Lord, you are so much wiser, so much more than I can fathom yet in total control of my life. Your ways are not my ways, yet you seem to understand everything about me and my surroundings. May the training I am experienceing right now give you greater glory, increase my faith and draw me closer to You."
I was reminded of Romans 5:3-7 today. This passage is about perseverance, character developement and hope. I clung to these verses during our 3 misscarriages and today the Lord reminded me of the power in this philosophy of life. May we all cling to His power, His team, His character and live in the hope of our faith which will not dissapoint us!
I pray each of you reading this will press on with Christ as He leads, instructs and directs each of you in the way you should go. Have ears to hear, eyes to see and time to listen, it will be all good in the end and that is a promise I trust!
I am off to the Mountains with my best friend Angie tomorrow for what we hope to be a ski weekend. Want to join us as we climb mountains, sit by fires and talk until we cannot speak any longer? I just know we will be looking for God among His beautiful creations. I challenge you to do the same!
Love to all .... D

2 comments:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Wow girl, what a busy day! I just wish I could get off the couch! I'm on the other end of the spectrum unable to do much of anything.

Have a wonderful time in the mountains this weekend. It looks like you will have some good snow:)

Much Love,
Melissa

Unknown said...

Dang girl! I work from 7-7 on some days and still don't think any are as stressful as your Wednesdays! Hope you have a good weekend!