Thursday, January 24, 2008

Redemption in the permastain

So, you might be asking what a "permastain" is, so, I will tell you. Remember the burn in my floor from Colton's PIRO days of the past? Today, my wonderful Georje and team took my punch list of repairs and tackled the burn mark. Needless-to-say, (they can do anything I ask of them) the burn mark now looks like a knotty pine "KNOT" in my floor rather than a burn mark. This is a a stain of the past. I hesitated to remove the burn mark because I wanted it to be a reminder to Colton of what he did and the damage it caused. However, after really thinking of how God "remembers no more" our past sins, I felt compelled to remove the mark and set him free from guilt. It is a stain of the past! May this be a reminder of the similarity of God's redemtion and ability to open all prison gates to the land of freedom and redemtion. The stains which we so often try to remember, refer back to or mark ourselves with, are not from God. Maybe it is from our own pride or our rebellion to entering His courts of freedom..... But nonetheless, the gate is open, we just have to enter through it and not look back..........you all think about that, as I go kiss my PIRO before he slips off into dream world tonight!
Blessings friends, may you insert truth into every situation and live free and healthy tomorow!
Love to all - D

No comments: