Friday, January 25, 2008

No Complaints


I am so excited that it is FRIDAY. Oh the plans our family has for this weekend! Dinner and game night with friends, riding the horses and cleaning the barn, a hopeful bon-fire to burn the fallen tree and the cardboard boxes still lingering after Christmas, what a great weekend this will be. I truly have nothing to complain about! So, why do I hear a small pestering voice in my head complaining over the commute to school or the lack of physical exertion I did today at the Y, or the constant dust in my house, the pressure to look better than I do etc.... etc.... SHUT UP and rejoice Denise! Well, I do rejoice and by getting the voices out of my head and in public eye, it helps to silence them. It also serves as a reminder that these little nuisances if left unchecked can fester and build into unnecessary evils! I have been given so much and I am truly thankful for each and every blessing and trial for that matter! In Luke 12:48 NIV it says, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded" I believe in this passage the author wants me to hear that I have been given so much freedom and I must live it, and give it away. I challenge all of you who are reading these words to live your gift of grace and freedom by not complaining but instead rejoicing in each and every moment of this day! So off to the barn I go to break icy buckets and muck some manure.. ahhh isn't life great!

Blessings friends,

Denise

No comments: