Thursday, January 31, 2008

I love that saying!

I believe my life is the best material for a comedy series. There is no need for writers, they can remain on strike, just come film "The Life and Day With The Hammond Family" and that should do it. So, I will wait to write about what I saw yesterday at Shea Rose Farm;(but I will because it was awesome), my neice and son ride horses at this farm. I will begin today by allowing you to ride to school with Hunter, Colton, Buddy, my black lab rescue dog and myself. Everyday is a fire drill getting out the door by 7am and to school by 7:45am. It has actually become quite normal our insanity in the morning and today was no different. As we rushed to the car, I asked my dog Buddy if he'd like to go for a ride and with no hesitation he jumped into my truck, ate Hunter's cereal bar and off we went. After 20 mins of riding in Charlotte traffic I hear a loud yell, "BUDDY STOP" from my back seat. Hunter begins screaming ,"he's peeing" Colton is laughing and out of his seat with hopes of not becoming the victim to this disgusting event. Hunter yells, "get me some wipes", so I throw back the last 3 napkins I had in my car and pull over to the nearest side street which has a large field, next to a house. I fling open my door and Buddy jumps out of the car and continues his trail of pee onto another neighbor's property. The owner comes out a bit dismayed, seeing it is only 7:30am. She tries to catch my dog who is lifting his leg on every single bush in her yard.... she lunges forward trying to catch him and falls on her brick stairs.... now, I have to say, I am laughing now as I write this, but OH, you should have heard the apologies spitting out of my mouth. She just gasped and looked with shoock at me as I ran thru her yard trying to catch my dog in slippers and PJ's. Once I caught him she just waved me away without a word as if to say, "be gone with your red-neck self in your pee ridden car" So, once we were all back in my truck, Hunter is yelling to me, that he is NOT going to school this way.... Colton is actually laughing and chanting "he actually peed on my pants".... Colton some how thinks this is a badge of honor or something. So, once we arrive at CCS, I am laughing and telling them to have a great day as if this never happened. I can hear it now, "man my mom was so fried, she used to make us go to school with pee on our clothes" Do you think I am damaging them for life?
Well, I hesitate to tell them my favotrite saying growing up, but I feel the need to share it with at least Hunter. Growing up in Ohio, the word "piss" was so commonly used that I never realized it just may not be a nice word. Admittedly, I use it often when there are no children around. The syaing goes like this, "It is better to be Pissed off than Pissed on" Now, I know why! I am sure Hunter will agree with me!
Have a great day, and when you feel the urge to laugh, remember there is plenty more where that came from! Come join the insanity anytime you feel the need to laugh!
Love to all, Denise

1 comment:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Thanks for coming by the Proverbs office today. You looked beautiful!

don't let your dog pee on your kids anymore, okay?

Seriously, I love ya! Tell all you boys, their G-mama misses them and loves them dearly!

Love you,
Melissa