Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let me tell you something, said Fire Marshal Bill


As I prepared for my speaking engagement this weekend, titled "Matches, play with fire get burned" I was searching for my opening. There has to be a catchy opening when speaking to 7-8th grade girls and boys ya know or they will put on their i-pods and tune me out. Today the Lord gave me my segue through the actions of my sweet piro, Colton. While I was in the garage for a quick moment, Colton lit his homemade torch and started to throw it out the door while my dog ran into him , launching the lit torch into the air on onto the hardwood floors .... emphasis on wood, burning a hole in the floor. Thankfully the gallon of water he threw on the floor was enough to put out the flames and clean my floor at the same time! Nobody including the dog was hurt, but at least I now have an opening story with pictures to get their attention.

Never a dull moment here at the Hammond Farm!

1 comment:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Nope NEVER a dull moment!!! Well, when we ask, we receive...right? You wanted an opening story...and what a treasure that "mark" will be on the floors in years to come! It's a piece of the legacy of the house...I love things like that in a home, things that tell a story.

So sweet....tell Colton I said, "hi" and to "be careful!"

I'll be praying for your speaking event this weekend and all those who attend. May the HS reign in you and may your words be not your own, but straight from God! I know you'll do gr8!

Love,
Melissa