Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baby it's cold outside

BURRR, you'd think after being raised in Ohio and attending school at ASU (where the cool go to school), I would love this weather.... but I do not. The only thing fun about the cold is skiing (Charlotte has no slopes) and watching my horses run wild because they feel frisky! Today, Hunter and I watched them run around the paddock, bucking and racing each other. Even Decaza joined in the fun. As for Decaza, he is healing very well and we rode him for the first time since March on Saturday. He was a bit tight but loosened up after 10 mins. We continue to pray for a full recovery and for him to join us on the trails come spring! His recovery draws such a parallel to our lives as believers in Christ. Have you ever noticed when it is cold outside or the weather is not what you'd order, the natural inclination is to retreat to some other place to find comfort. There are times when we go through trials and discouraging times only to find that in those times and difficulties is when we actually slow down enough and hear God speak. There are times when God allows certain events to take place that we do not know why but we have to trust that His ways are perfect and He is in the very circumstance that we are facing. Continue to move through the valley, you are never meant to camp out there, you must keep moving, listening, searching and trusting that He has your best interest in the palm of His hands. Decaza's circumstance seemed bad enough to the previous owner that she gave up hope in his recovery and changed course. In times of trouble is when we must remain steadfast, on course and never give up hope. In Hebrews 11 it defines faith as "being sure of what we hope for and certain for what we do not see". Press on, believe in God and remain fixed on faith in the one who is trustworthy! I trust in those promises and pray you will too. Stay warm and drink lots of coffee with the designer of the bean! I bet God has never been described that way before! Blessings, Denise

3 comments:

Renee Swope said...

I love this weather, i love coffee and I am crazy about the Designer of the bean!!! Welcome to blogger world my friend. love you!

MelissaTaylor.org said...

I just woke up to find out there is no school today...argh! Yet I still have a 7:00 am appointment this morning! I'm a southerner, I don't drive in wintry mix!

Denise,how true are the words you penned. And I know it...I've become an expert at moving through the valley. Not fun, but much to learn there when we just open our eyes to the possibilities!

Have a great day in this cold weather.
Love,
Melissa

PS. I can't wait til Spring!

Denise said...

I cannot believe how nasty it is outside. This wet sleet had better raise our water deficiency!
Off to the barn to let the horses out and muck a few stalls. D