Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Colton: here are your baby goats!

It was 2:15 Sat. afternoon and time to go our first of 4 games this weekend, so, I asked Colton to run to the barn to check on Mary before we left. You see, Mary was looking mighty pregnant in the early morning hours and we knew she was ready to deliver soon. Mary is one of our African Pygmy Goats. Martha is also preganat but isn't due for another week.
Two mins. later I heard Colton screaming and running towards the house. Colton was in shock over what he saw. Mary was in the process of delivering her first of 4 baby goats. Yes, we are the proud parents of 4 new "kids". This was quite an experience and we documented the entire National Geographical experience. I have attached the rated G version pictures. I praise God for His miraculous design. Mary instinctively took over, cleaned and nursed each one as they shivered in the cool environment and were brought into a barnyard of love and curiosity!
What a great gift to giver to my little vet Colton on his 9th Birthday! Isn't God great!

1 comment:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Awwww! How totally precious!

Hey D, I don't know what you are doing with them, but Holly at Raintree lives on a farm and said she would love to have any of the babies you can't find homes for. They currently have goats, ducks, etc etc. She works in the grill. I told her I'd tell you:)

Congrats to Mary and the whole crew. I anxiously await the arrival of Martha's kid(s).

And a big shout out to Colton...HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweetie!

Love,
Melissa