Sunday, January 4, 2009

Off and Running

If you are new to my blog, Hang on because there are many for you to read through in my archives below. Now that should get you a bit excited or exhausted, you can decide, but nonetheless, WELCOME!
I am off to Ga. in the morning and truly, am ready to see my mom and help her in anyway possible. Her accident was one that made us all stop the pace of Christmas break... which was coming to an end. The ringing in of the new year was much more reflective now that she lie in intensive care with a broken neck, multiple bruises and a wounded spirit. However, the memory that remains from this ordeal is of a conversation she had with her surgeon just before she went into surgery. Connie, in her slurred speech, made eye contact with her surgeon saying, "Dr., I have been praying for you" and he replied without hesitation, "Connie, I have been praying for you too, let's do this thing" and off they went into surgery. This type of confidence and peace can only come from our divine creator. The One who sees is the One who knows and with that we are reassured of our futures. For so many of us, (us included) our futures are unknown and our paths seem to be hidden by some fog; but I am confident that, "the Lord gives wisdom and peace and from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding" Prov. 2:6 So, as I travel tomorrow I will trust in whatever he lays in my path and pray that I have ears and eyes to understand I am in His presence.
Blessings to all this new and wonderful 2009
Denise

No comments: