Thursday, January 28, 2010

24 Hrs

Well, it has been over 24 hrs. since I last saw, smelled and touched my sweet Decaza. Before we walked into the lower pasture, I cut his tail so that I could have something physically tangible to remember his smell. It has been really tough emotionally as well as physically and I wait for the day when it doesn't hurt my heart so bad.
The aftermath of burrying him is almost as hard as when we lied him down beside his grave. I thought, as we lied together on the cold pasture ground, that I would never heal from this deep wound and loss. I told Decaza I would see him on the other side and asked him to find my other animals and remind them I loved them! Once again, I thought, I will not be able to move forward for quite some time.
If you have ever lost a loved one,(animals do count), time is an amzing thing. In just 24 hrs. I have felt a lifting in my spirit. I rode my horse, Piper, with Colton today and we just talked and enjoied the beauty of the day. This was a beautiful ride together and a memory I will cherish.
As one life passes, God always seems to send peace in another soul. Today, it came from my son and from my horse Piper... both are His and from Him! To Him I give praises and ask for His strength!
Thanks for caring- D

1 comment:

LMA said...

Denise, of course animals count. Decaza was a part of your family -- and from what I've read he brought so much joy not only to you, but to many others.

Love and blessings to you and your family.