Monday, September 8, 2008

Writing to make it stick!

When I catch my boys doing something that they clearly know not to do, I have them write. Mostly for repetition purposes, but also, as a punishment. This is to serve as a reminder to follow the rules or pay the consequences. So, I tell you this because Colton is supposed to ask before logging on to our computers, well, ooops, he "forgot" and was playing a game on the web. As a mom, who takes her job seriously, I felt it was important to remind him in a way that he would not "forget" in the future. So Colton had to write (30 times), "I will ask before logging on to the computer". I have this writing in front of me now as I write in this blog, so that, I may be reminded to ask God what He would have me do in the circumstances that I face each day. I might even write God a note saying, "I will ask you Lord, what you would have me do today, before I begin my day". I might write that 40 times just to be reminded.
So what about you? What do you need to be reminded of for the days ahead? Go to the Father and ask for His leadership on that one!
Blessings to all!
Denise

No comments: